House Rules and General Information
Welcome to Dead Cat Ranch!
We are so excited you’re staying with us at Dead Cat Ranch. We look forward to welcoming you for a vacation full of adventure and relaxation!
- Come to 3775 FM 315 Palestine, TX 75803 to check in any time between 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- If you are staying in the bunkhouse, please check in at the main clubhouse area first.
- The gate code will be given to you shortly before your arrival.
- Please park in the designated guest parking area just past the clubhouse on the left.
- Please check in inside of the clubhouse and sign your waivers before using any of the UTV’s.
- UTV’s only unless approved prior or due to bad weather.
- No personal vehicles are allowed on any of our trails.
- Keys will be in the UTV’s or with the waivers in the clubhouse and you will be able to use this for the duration of your stay.
- You must be 21 & over to drive the UTV’s (side by sides) and the ATV’s. The passengers in the UTV’s must be over the age of 3 to ride in them.
- Your cabin will have a keypad deadbolt, and you will receive a code shortly after arriving.
- When leaving if you would like to lock the door just press the padlock symbol.
- Please do not leave the inside lock locked when leaving the cabin.
Before joining us for your stay at Dead Cat Ranch, here are some things to keep in mind:
- First and foremost, enjoy your stay.
- I hope you enjoy the ambiance. I’m sure you’ll do your best to preserve it by not littering and respecting the property, people and animals.
- Some of our guests may have pet allergies. We’re sorry you won’t be able to take your fluffy friends with you.
- The deck in front of the cabin as well as the fire pit are approved places to smoke cigars and cigarettes. We ask you not to smoke inside the cabin or on the deck with the windows open, please. When smoking outside, please be considerate of those around you. No smoking inside any of our stays or buildings.
- We would appreciate if you removed your shoes before entering or upon entering the cabin
- There can be more than one group staying on property and ask our guests not to have parties as to be respectful of everyone’s time at the ranch.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00pm to 8:00am. Please keep noise to a minimum during these times. Please avoid driving on the trails during these hours.
- No unregistered guests without prior approval
- If something gets broken, please let us know so we can get it replaced or repaired.
- Please no eating or drinking in the bedroom
- If a key is lost, guest will be responsible for a replacement fee (if applicable)
- The Wi-Fi is only accessible in the clubhouse area at this time. The Wi-Fi network is: DCR Clubhouse Guest
- Please keep ATVs/UTVs on trails and do not ride them through the fields. Please drive them at reasonable speeds and do your best not to tear up the trails out of respect of all guests. The UTV’s are only meant to get from place to place around the property. Please do not take off windows or doors on the UTV’s, an employee would be happy to assist when needed.
- Stay on the trails and do not perform any actions on the ATVs or UTVs that could potentially cause harm to yourself, others, or the property. After one warning is issued, all rights to the UTV or the ATV will be revoked and could be the result of a fine!
- Only drive the ATVs/UTVs to the cabin (with the exception of initially unloading your things). If there is rain in the forecast, please check with us about driving your personal vehicle to the rental.
- No personal vehicles are allowed in the trails.
- Guest agrees to pay for damages exceeding the deposit.
- Please read all of the safety rules in your manuals.
- No illegal activity of any kind.
- No unscheduled shooting. Shooting rage is available by reservation only.
- There are supplies for activities in the supply room at the clubhouse. There you can find axes for the axe throwing, helmets for ATV/UTV riding, life vests for the boats at the lake, and fishing gear.
- We have a big fishing pond at the back of our property that has a fishing dock, paddle boat, Jon boat, and a gazebo with a picnic table.
- Please do not drive through any gates on our property, stay on the trails and do not drive elsewhere.
- Pool hours are from 7:00am to 12:00 am. Please know that the pool lights go off at midnight so It can get dark. Hot tub automatically runs on Friday and Saturday’s from 5 pm until midnight. If you wish to use the hot tub, please just give us an hour’s notice (we can set it remotely) or press the reverse arrow then the “Spa” button on the remote that is by the hot tub to start it. It takes around an hour to heat up, depending on the time of season. Once you are done, simply press the “Spa” button to turn it back off.
- There are many animals on the property (including wild animals), please just observe and do not interact with them. We do have a few ranch dogs on property, please let us know if they are bothersome (we try our best to keep them out of the main areas). All of the ranch dogs are very friendly and should not be a threat (especially our social director, Clyde).
- Please do not attempt to pull down the canopy on the Airstream’s.
- Please help yourself to anything in the kitchen (tea, coffee, salt, olive oil, etc.). Feel free to use the cook ware, utensils, and appliances. Remember to wash all dishes and utensils prior to leaving. Dishwasher soap packs are under the sink. Trash bags are kept underneath the sink. If your trash is full, please tie the bag and leave it on the deck. One of our ranch hands will be around daily to pick them up.
- If you are looking for a restaurant, one of our favorites is Sabor A Pasion; it is located at 110 ACR 404. This is a 3-course prix fixe menu and is reservation only (please dress accordingly). Sabor A Pasion’s number is 903-729-9500.
- We also love Old Magnolia for some delicious sandwiches and LuLu & Kakes located inside for some irresistible cupcakes. Queen’s Street is beautiful place for a nice dinner located inside the chic Redlands Hotel. If you want to grab a beer and a burger, we recommend Pint & Barrel (stop by Hambones afterwards for some live music!). The best BBQ in town is Shep’s, it’s a local favorite and you are almost certain to feel welcome!
- Places to get some groceries are Brookshires, Kroger, and Walmart.
- For non-emergency queries, please message us on Airbnb or call us at 903-372-0728. We’ll be quick to respond, we promise.
- Emergencies — 9-1-1
- Non-Emergency Police Services — (903) 729-2254
- Animal Control — (903) 731-8443
- Baylor Scott & White Texas Spine & Joint Hospital Urgent Care — (903) 729-0970
- Palestine Fire Department — (903) 729-7100
- Palestine Regional Medical Center is located at 2900 South TX-256 Loop in Palestine and their phone number is (903) 731-1000.
- CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital is located at 800 E Dawson Street in Tyler and their phone number is (903) 593-8441.
- UT Health Tyler hospital is located at 1000 S Beckham Avenue in Tyler and their phone number is (903) 531-8890.